Every dancer and, especially, dance ‘teacher’ should read this! – Omar Paloma
Did you know that Bruce Lee was a true fan of dance?
It’s true. Bruce Lee was so much more than a one-dimensional fighter/actor. In his life he enjoyed dance and had many lessons as well.
Bruce Lee was more than just a man of action – he was a man of words. A voracious reader, Lee studied text after text, taking meticulous notes to devise his theories both in fighting and in life strategy.
For the first time in paperback, John Little, who was granted exclusive access to Lee’s notebooks, presents Lee’s writing, which outlines the techniques and philosophies Lee used to develop his personal philosophy and the fighting system of Jeet Kune Do.
From Tuttle Publishing Website:
Within the pages of Striking Thoughts, you will find the secrets of Bruce Lee’s amazing success— as an actor, martial artist, and inspiration to the world. Consisting of eight sections, Striking Thoughts covers 72 topics and 825 aphorisms—from spirituality to personal liberation and from family life to filmmaking—all of which Bruce lived by.
His ideas helped energize his life and career, and made it possible for him to live a happy and assured life, overcoming difficult obstacles with seeming ease. His ideas also inspired his family, friends, students, and colleagues to achieve success in their own lives and this personal collection will help you in your journey too.
- On First Principles—including life, existence, time, and death
- On Being Human—including the mind, happiness, fear, and dreams
- On Matters of Existence—health, love, marriage, raising children, ethics, racism, and adversity
- On Achievement—work, goals, faith, success, money, and fame
- On Art and Artists—art, filmmaking, and acting
- On Personal Liberation—conditioning, Zen Buddhism, meditation, and freedom
- On the Process of Becoming—self-actualization, self-help, self-expression, and growth
- On Ultimate (Final) Principles—Yin-yang, totality, Tao, and the truth
About the Author:
John Little is considered to be one of the world’s foremost authorities on Bruce Lee. He’s the only person who has ever been authorized to review the entirety of Lee’s personal notes, sketches and reading annotations, giving him an insider’s look at Lee’s training methods and philosophies. He’s shared this information with Lee’s fans in his books published by Tuttle Publishing, including: Bruce Lee: Artist of Life; Jeet Kune Do: Bruce Lee’s Commentaries on the Martial Way; Letters of the Dragon; The Tao of Gung Fu: A Study in the Way of Chinese Martial Art; Bruce Lee: The Art of Expressing the Human Bodyand Bruce Lee: The Celebrated Life of the Golden Dragon.